digital banners2440 Spring Grove Ave Cincinnati, OH 45214 513-241-7044 | 800-638-2588

About the Schaaf Company

The Schaaf Company was founded in 1917 by J.B.Schaaf. They originally made buggy covers before cars were popular. First located on May Street in downtown Cincinnati, they moved out to 2175 Spring Grove avenue in the 1930’s.

For the next sixty-five years, the J.B. Schaaf company continued to do business and thrive in the Cincinnati area. Incorporating their knowledge of fabric and especially the “new” vinyl materials, Schaaf branched out into the sign industry as well. Supplying materials for local sign makers as well as handling tarps for the trucking industry, Schaaf prospered.

In 1982 Walter "Bud" Smith bought the company. Seeing the need for more space, a new building was built nearby on Spring Grove avenue (at 2440 Spring Grove) that could incorporate all of the new machines and technologies needed, as well as warehouse space for storage.

With a showroom, offices, manufacturing facility and warehouse under one roof, Schaaf is economical and quick with turnaround time.

Bud was joined by his son Chuck in 1982. As The Schaaf company reaches it’s 100th anniversary, they are poised to continue serving their customers in the trucking and sign industry for the next 100 years.